The Magnificent Crisis..

We all have our lifestyle – I have mine. I like my lifestyle a lot.. As a matter of fact, also other people like my lifestyle .. :-) – so it must be a good thing.. this lifestyle of mine.

I have a T-shirt which best describes my lifestyle. It says– ‘Work hard, party harder’…. I do work hard (just for the record) and while I’m not a party animal, I’m a many-things-addict .. and just-doing-nothing is not one of them..

I was really proud of my lifestyle, when I recently discovered that my precious, restless, life style has a mental definition… it’s called The Middle Age Crisis…... God forbid…..

You know, it’s that weakness that follows the realization that this no-big-hit person that is staring at you, is actually looking in the mirror...

So after you get over the immediate trauma, the next phase is the determination that something must be done and NOW! 'I must look young and good again', you think to yourself .. and the fact that you actually never looked too good... is not really relevant!

So the next step after the joyful purchasing phase – the latest road or mountain bicycles, dry-fit clothing, cool footware, and cutting edge survival gear – is the necessary evil... working out, running, biking, swimming, mountain climbing, triathlon, surfing… everything goes.. as long as $15,000 later, I will look 3,650 days younger...

It feels like everybody around me is in this crisis now – it’s the next big thing.. real trendy! As a matter of fact, I don’t believe there is anyone among people I know that looks 40 (except for my mother..). People either look under 39, or above 60 – nothing in between…

… There is one thing for sure – it’s a wonderful crisis that I have no intention of solving…unless I’m promised another real worthy crisis in return..

Comments

Unknown said…
רמי
...סליחה על העברית
סיימתי לקרוא זה עתה את הבלוג שלך על משבר גיל ה-20
מחוץ לחדרי אנשים חושבים שאני על איזה כדור טוב...
מעכשיו אני עושה מנוי לבלוג שלך
you'v go t it baby...
מירב

Popular posts from this blog

Choosing a Board of Friends

Risk mitigation - the rules of crossing deserts